IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
The quoted 6" and 7" on Julie HP product description., How do I choose the product suitable for my cycle.
bob.pitt
post Nov 2 2011, 07:34 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 6.370

I have a Cannondale ttandem with Fatty forks that have inward facing caliper attachment holes. The product choices for Julie HP brakes require me to choose Left or Right (no problem, right or front), Rotor size (no problem, 180mm), post or IS fitting (I think no problem. inward facing holes mean IS ?), and then 6" or 7" (big problem. What does this mean? I can't find a dimension on my forks that even approximates to this!!).
Can anyone help please.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Florian Steinmet...
post Feb 22 2012, 10:11 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 4.019

Hi bob,

this question usually refers to postmount forks only as there is a possibility to have 6" Postmount (PM caliper mounted directly would fit 160mm rotor) or 7" as for example the MAGURA Thor forks (PM caliper mounted directly would fit 180mm rotor). As your fork has got an IS mount which is, opposed to PM, standardized there should be no need for an answer. The adapter you need, which is provided with the brake, will be IS (fork side) to PM (caliper side) and the exact model is determined only by rotor diameter.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd December 2014 - 05:53 AM