Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
pad adjustment?
brutaldeluxe09
post Mar 29 2012, 02:45 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2.542

I have recently bled my Julies and ever since I feel as though the pads are not returning to their usual postiion and as a consequance I can't get the pad/rotor alignment anywhere near as good as it used to be.

Does anybody know what may be up? I was thinbking that I either need to re-bleed or that I may need to let some oil out of the resevior, as if I have added too much oil the pistons will not be ablew to return to their normal postiion.

I'm not very experianced with bleeds as this was only my 3rd attamept so any other thoughts from elsewhere would be appreciated.

Thanks

James
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Florian Steinmet...
post Mar 29 2012, 03:30 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 4.019

Hi James,

i would recommend trying to mobilise your pistons. Push back both pistons (pads installed to avoid damage to the piston itself) as far as possible, then fix one piston in position (holding it with the rotor or a flat piece of metal) and pump the other one out by actuating the lever several times. Push the extended piston back and repeat for the other side. Should one piston extend while you press back the other your brake is overfilled. If not, this "overextending" of the pistons should lubricate the seals from within the system and pad retraction will get back to what you are used to.
IŽll attach the MAGURA info-sheet on this process too.

Cheers, Florian
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Tech_Tipp_Mobilisieren_12_05_english.pdf ( 91.43K ) Number of downloads: 13

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2014 - 06:06 AM